2017 is looking good for the Swinton’s! We have a handful of trips to look forward too, including our honeymoon! And because a lot of bathing suits are in our future, I’ve been a little more disciplined in the kitchen; filling our meals with more veggies and cutting back on dairy and processed foods.
Since this healthy mindset has kicked in, I’ve been searching for a healthy alternative to the buffalo chicken dip my husband loves so much. The one that calls for an entire package of cream cheese and a cup of cheddar cheese. These chicken buffalo meatballs are super tasty and carry the heat you can find in a hot wings or buffalo dip. They’re the perfect super bowl snack!
- 1 package ground chicken
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or panko crumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1tsp. minced onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup Franks Hot sauce
- ½ cup chicken bone broth (or chicken stock)
- Ranch seasoning (I made my own/packet is fine too)
(1 tbsp. parsley, 1 tsp dill weed, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp ground mustard)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, almond flour, egg, scallions, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix until combined & roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto baking sheet and bake until cooked through and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking…In a medium sauce pot or Dutch oven, combine the chicken bone broth, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning and cook on low heat stirring.
- Remove the meatballs and add them to the pot.
- Keep covered and simmer for 5 minutes so meatballs soak up the flavor. I let mine sit on low for an hour, since I had time before serving!