If you’re responsible for bringing an appetizer to your next holiday party, add these to your list!
Erik and I have been in our home for exactly one year and last night we finally hosted our first get together. This was extremely fun for me, not only did I get to cook but I also finally had the opportunity to use all of my new serving dishes off of our wedding registry. We served heavy appetizers and festive cocktails. One of the few hors d’oeuvres I made were these light, salmon and cucumber bites. Two of our guests were vegetarians so I wanted to make sure I had a meat free option. These were super delicious and easy to make. They can be whipped up in 10 minutes and are perfect for your next holiday party!
- ¼ cup of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of onion powder
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 package of Smoked Salmon/ Lox (I used Duck Trap River of Maine Smoke Salmon (garlic & pepper flavor)
- 1 cucumber
- Small zip lock or plastic bag
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and seasonings. Stir until smooth
- Scoop the mixture into a zip lock bag and cut one of the bottom corners of the plastic bag to create a piping bag
- Slice the cucumber into 1 inch circles
- Squeeze a drop of mixture onto a cucumber and top with a bite size piece of salmon
- Sprinkle with dill weed (optional)
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to be served