Feeling uneasy about the election?
Rather talk about something lighter and sweeter?
These mouthwatering peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip bars are the perfect way to console yourself. They’re chewy and chocolaty, just the comfort food you need to get through today’s politics. And even more uplifting news… they’re not even terrible for you, so go ahead and have as many as you want.
Vote for Cookies!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil (this adds a slight coconut flavor to the bars, vegetable oil can be a substitute)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour or white flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, honey, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, flour, salt, baking soda and mix until combined
- Add the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish or pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is set and lightly golden brown.
- Let the bars cool at least 10 minutes before cutting or you’ll have a chocolate mess!