Crockpot Sunday’s have become a ritual in our house during the fall and winter months. Slow cooking is genius, convenient for a busy day of errands and I can always guarantee the house smelling delicious. So now that it’s officially Fall I busted out the crockpot and got cooking.
- Boneless Pork Butt/Shoulder
- 1 Can of Root beer
- BBQ Sauce (I used Stubb’s Sweet Hickory)
- Smoke Paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Brown sugar
- Generously season all sides of the pork with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. I seasoned my pork butt and refrigerated it over night to let the flavor sink in (I recommend if you have the time)
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of the crock pot
- Place the seasoned pork in the crockpot
- Drizzle ¼ cup of BBQ sauce over the pork
- Pour the can of Root beer over the pork butt and let cook for 6-8 hours. The meat will begin to fall apart once you stick a fork through it.
- Remove the pork and place on a cookie sheet and let cool 5 minutes
- Take two forks or meat shredders if you have them and pull the pork apart. Serve on a bun or sweet potato toast! Sweet Potato Avocado Toast